1.KUR Divn. achieved best ever originating loading of 63.79 million tones during the year 2011-12 against the target of 63.00 million tones, and 55.83 million tones last year (+14.3%, nearly 8 million tones more).This is for the first time in recent years that our division has been able to achieve and in fact surpass the stiff loading targets set for it.
2.In the process, KUR Divn. achieved best ever goods earnings of Rs.3603.66 crores during the year 2011-12 against the target of 3160.32 crores (+14%)+443.34 Crores.
3.KUR Divn. also achieved passenger earnings of Rs.440.35 crores during the year 2011-12 against the target of Rs.417.34 crores (+5.5%).
4.Similarly, KUR Divn. achieved ticket checking earnings of Rs. 449.72 lakhs during 2011-12, which is 29% more than Rs. 348.01 lakhs earned during 2010-11.
5.The division has achieved total earnings of Rs. 4113.53 cores during 2011-12 against the target of Rs. 3647 crores (+12.8%).
6.Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs) have been installed at Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Brahmapur, Palasa, Khurda Road and Puri stations during the year 2011-12.
7. Foot Over Bridge has been commissioned at Rajathgarh, Jakhapura, Korai and Kaipadar Road stations during the year.
8.Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) have been installed during the year at 25 different stations of the division.With this, UTS has been installed at all stations on main line from Bhadrak to Palasa, on Cuttack to Paradeep, Barang – Talcher – Angul and Salagaon - Rajathgarh sections and at six stations on Jakhapura-Jaroli section.Only eight stations are left on the Jakhapura-Jaroli section, where it will be provided in the current financial year.
9.Train Indication Boards have been provided at 6 major stations (Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road, Brahmapur, Palasa and Jajpur Keonjhar Road).Computerised Auto Announcement System has been introduced at three stations (Palasa, Balugaon, Bhadrak).
10. Rail level/medium level platform surface has been converted to high level platform surface and extended to accommodate longer length trains on PF No. 1 &2 at Bhadrak, PF No. 4&5 at Jajpur Keonjhar Road, PF No. 2 & 3 at Khurda Road, PF no. 1 & 1A at Palasa and PF no. 2&3 at Sakhigopal.
11.New Parcel Office has been constructed at Bhubaneswar to meet demands of increasing inward and outward parcel traffic.
12.Kota Stone flooring of PF No. 1, 1A and 2/3 at Palasa station has been completed.Similarly, heavy duty mosaic platform surfacing has been provided on PF no. 2&3, 4 & 5 at Khurda Road.
13. Four units of Type-II quarters each at Kendujhargarh and Harichandanpur have been constructed and completed, as provision of staff amenities in Jakhpura – Nayagarh section.
14.Several works viz. provision of full length lines, bituminous surfacing over existing WBM road, constructions of rake testing rig room, concrete path way for coach examination/maintenance of the coaches, improvement to drainage system have been completed at Bhubaneswar Coaching Complex.
15.‘On board house keeping service’ has been provided in all the qualifying originating trains at Bhubaneswar and Puri to improve cleanliness on trains.
16.National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) systems have already been introduced and streamlined in the division and all payments are arranged through these systems.
17.2791 staff have been granted Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) during the year 2011-12.
18.Based on Sixth Pay Commission recommendations, 1368 cases have been cleared during the year for revision of pension of pre-2006 retired/family pensioners and the rest of the eligible pensioners will be paid very soon.
19. Number of pending compassionate appointment cases have been reduced from 146 to 23.132 cases of compassionate appointment have been cleared during the year 2011-12.
20. To settle various grievances of staff, staff grievance mechanism has been started from 12.12.2011. Staff are allowed to meet DRM every Monday to express their grievances, and quick follow up action is taken.
21.Five cases against Sports Quota (Group-D) have been cleared and posting done during the year 2011-12,similarly, two cases against Scouts & Guides (Group-D) have been cleared and posting done during the year 2011-12.